Chemex Coffee Maker - 8 Cup - CM-8A
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
The Chemex coffee maker has been around even longer than Boyer's Coffee, and we've been roasting coffee for 50 years! We love the coffee that the Chemex brews, which is in between a drip and french press. It produces a clean cup like a drip machine, but has all the full, rich flavor like a french press. We also love the way it looks, winning multiple design awards since it's inception over 70 years ago.
The Chemex coffee maker is made of non-porous Borosilicate glass which will not absorb odors or flavors. It has a beautiful wood collar, to protect you from the heat of the glass when serving, which is tied with a natural leather tie and wood ball. The Chemex is modern and stylish yet this exact design was used for its initial patent filing in 1943.
The Chemex coffee maker does not stand alone in its claim to brew one of the best cups. The Chemex filters, still made, folded and packaged in the USA, were designed around the coffee maker and should always be used together for best brewing results. Shop Chemex Filters here.
Check our Brew Guides to learn how to use a Chemex coffee maker and achieve the best results!
Looking to become a brewing master? We have amassed the best tips and tricks from our master roasters for the most popular coffee brewing methods. For best results use a kitchen scale and kettle with temperature settings or a thermometer.
Use 20g of coffee (medium grind) per 340g of water
- Place pour over on cup, and place both on your scale. Zero out the scale
- Place 20g of coffee into the filter, in the pour over, still on the scale. Zero out scale.
- Pour 200 degree (F) water gently and directly to the middle of the pour over.
- Use just enough to saturate the grinds.
- Your bloom will peak in 15-20 seconds. Continue to pour into the center, keeping the pour over half full.
- You target weight is 340g. Use the last 30g of water to pour over the grinds on the rim of the coffee bed
- This process should take aprx. 3 minutes
- Stir/ swirl, enjoy
Use 14g (aprx. 2 tbsp) of coffee (coarse grind) per 8 oz of water
- Bring filtered water to a boil
- Make sure plunger has been removed from the beaker
- Place coffee in the bottom of the beaker, using the ratios above
- Slowly pour 200 degree (F) water over the grounds until the beaker is 1/4 full. Stir.
- Add remaining water and place the lid (with plunger) onto the beaker
- Let stand for 4 min.
- Press the filter down, pour, sip, enjoy
Chemex Coffee Maker
Use 42g of coffee (coarse grind) per 680g of water
- Place filter into chemex, with the tri-fold facing the spout. Wet the filter with hot water.
- Add 42g of coffee to filter. Place Chemex and coffee on the scale to zero out.
- Soak the grinds using about 84g water at aprx. 200 degrees (F)
- As your bloom peaks (15 - 20 seconds), resume a gentle, centered pour, keeping the filter half full
- Your target weight is 680g
- Use the last 30g of water to pour over the grinds on the rim of the coffee bed
- This process should take aprx. 4 minutes
- Stir/ swirl, enjoy
For a single shot use 7 - 10g of coffee (fine grind) per 1 oz of water
- Remove portafilter from machine and run water through group head
- Add 7-10g of coffee to portafilter
- Ensure coffee is evenly distributed and tamp with aprx. 30 lbs of pressure
- Place portafilter back into the espresso machine and start pulling the shot
- It will take aprx. 18-22 seconds to pull the full shot. Your shot is now complete.
- Enjoy as is .. or serve as a milk based drink, such as a latte
Drip Coffee Maker
Use 2 tbsp of coffee (medium grind) per 8 oz of water
- Place filter in machine
- Add coffee to filter, using the ratios above
- Pour water into the appropriate reservoir location (in the back)
- Hit the BREW button
- Patiently await a hot cup of deliciousness
A portion of proceeds from this product goes to supporting The School That Coffee Built, which builds schools and improves educational opportunities for the children of our coffee farmers. Learn more about this program here.
Shipping Prices via USPS & UPS to the Continental United States
Coffee Orders Under $50: Flat Rate Shipping @ 9.55
Coffee Orders $50 - $74.99: Flat Rate Shipping @ $5.55
Coffee Orders Over $75: Ships FREE
Note: We ship with both USPS & UPS depending on location and package size. If you are located in a rural area where USPS will not deliver directly to your home, please use your PO Box address so that your shipment is not delayed. Shipping thresholds are pre-tax.
Our Roasting Process
Top 2% Arabica Beans grown in sustainable farms across the world.
We carefully roast each batch to perfection.
Sealed for Freshness
Our coffee is sealed right after roasting to preserve flavor and aroma.
Straight to Your Door
Delivered straight to your doorstep.